Saturday, September 25, 2010

It sure was a Long week...

Hello world!

I'm back from good ol' Kentucky, which surprisingly was not as bad as I expected it to be. Thankfully, MarkieMark was able to come to the training in an unexpected twist of things. This severely improved the boring-ness of the training. Many texts were exchanged from across the room with each other. It was the only way we could keep our sanity, trust me.

Although the training was very helpful and applicable for our careers, it was presented very poorly for a group of engineers. And by poorly, I mean the guy spent a whole 10 minutes explaining to us that we can use Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V if we wanted to copy/paste data on a Minitab spreadsheet. Thanks for that information, trainer. It's not like we have been using computers to analyze data for the past 8 years or anything...

And then there was the puppy of the class who kept asking questions. MarkieMark and I decided to make it a drinking game...a shot for every question asked. Well I'm pretty we would both die of alcohol poisoning if we actually drank 101 shots. Yes, 101 questions in 4.5 days! This is the kind of ridiculousness that went on. And I will have to deal with it again in a month's time for a whole week again...

But overall, Kentucky was not so bad as a state as it seems. The people were really nice. Every one I encountered was very polite and helpful, a good change from the general rude behavior in Memphis. And in general, it was a lot cleaner. Kentucky definitely gets more points than Tennessee. They actually had a concept of Southern Hospitality.

The week was also made better by a surprise visit from hubby! He drove up after work and completely tricked me! He made me believe the whole day that we had a Skype date and we were going to eat the same dinner and watch the same TV show as the same time and everything! Then I get back to the hotel, and there he is waiting for me in the lobby! And he brought me presents! This is why I love him, people.

Well, I'm off to watch a bad movie, eat bad food, drink, and hang out with hubby and MarkieMark! Woot!

My words of advice for the day:
Conquer. Cherish. Chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment